Making blocks again

The routine is almost back to normal here and I am so happy to be reacquainted with my sewing machine after a far too long break! It is so nice to be able to sew some (simple) blocks again. Of course, the temptation to start a new project was very high and there are a few new projects on my wish list, some of them I already have the supplies for, I thought it would be better to progress some "parked" projects before they fall in the UFO trap. So with that in mind, I have been happily playing with my Gipsy Wife project. I guess the finish of the Long Time Gone has given me energy to progres this one too! I fell off the sew along path some time in October or November when I started quilting some of my top and tried to make some clothes too.

So of course, I have plenty of blocks left to do, some bigger blocks and also lots of filler blocks. But instead of making all the blocks and leaving the construction for the end, I have picked the blocks I already have and started to build some tiny little sections with the stripes.So far, I have made 3 extra filler blocks.

And I have started adding a few strips already.

So these are my first 3 blocks for 2018! Let's hope there will be many more and I'll see this beautiful quilt completed!

Linking to Let's Bee Social.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!