School is back!

School was back this week and my middle daughter needed a new bag this year. I was originally thinking of making her another messenger bag but finally settled on a back pack (at her request). I had won the Edelweiss Bag pattern from Sew Sweetness a while ago so that was a good one to try.

I used some foam interfacing so there were some places where it was heavy and thick to sew and I must say my machine struggled a little but it was all worth it in the end, especially on the back



There is a zipped pocket inside at the back


and I added one at the front


I think if I make another one, I might make one bigger pocket on the front rather than 2 small ones.
The bag was finished just in time for going back to school and my daughter loves it, so that's great! It is very roomy and looks massive on her back!

And this is one of my Q3 FAL finished and a fab OPAM for September. I am really happy how this bag has come out! And this is also my September One Monthly Goal 
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Wow, that really is a big bag! What a great make for your daughter. On behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts, thank you for participating in this quarter's finish along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This backpack looks amazing - what a great job! You should enter it into my Elm Street Quilts Bag It link-up too! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!