Free motion quilting marathon

Before the frame got dismantled until my next quilt is ready for free-motion quilting, I wanted to go through a few UFO that have been waiting in the cupboard.

First I quilted my "September in the hexagon" that was quilted a few years ago. I choose a motif from  Lori at The Inbox Jaunt, called the Oyster Shell.

I wanted a curved pattern to contrast with the hexagons. I quilted with Aurifil variegated thread and a variegated red Superior Thread in the bobbin. I used some fabric I bought years ago for the backing.
So now this one only needs binding. Let's see how long this will take.

Next on my list was the panel for my You've got mail wall-hanging. I choose a linen fabric I had in my stash and a quite ugly lime green for the backing from my stash too. And I quilted with another pattern from Lori, called Lines and Spirals. Although this one was quite small I broke a needle and also  finished 2 thread spools that I had in my stash.

Now the panel is ready, I need to finish this wall hanging I started last year.

For this one, I started with a Superior Thread variegated beige thread, continued with some YLI threads, first a variegated cream and then a beige thread. And I used a variegated green Gutterman thread in the bobbin.
Now I need to finish the wall-hanging and have it on the wall before the end of the year for example!

And finally, I quilted my Snowmen cushion panel with feathers with a variegated Superior Thread in the spool and variegated grey in the bobbin. My feathers are not perfect but at least it is quilted. Now this one needs to be embroidered and then finished into a cushion, hopefully by next Christmas.

Next on the frame will be my Star Plus quilt. And then I will stash the frame away until I have another top ready to be quilted.
Linking to Monday Makers and Let's Bee Social.

Celine

Comments

  1. Dear Celine,
    super quilting, you have done a marvelous job on these.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilting, Celine! You are certainly on a roll with all these cute projects. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lines and spirals quilting! And we've been having record high temperatures in my area lately, so your snowmen made me smile. I want to give them all a nice, cool hug! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway