Star Plus pattern testing

Claudia asked on Instagram about a month ago who would be interested in testing her lovely Star Plus pattern for her. I jumped at the chance as I loved her quilt and could see on in Christmas Fabric. So I ordered a white spots background which I really love and started cutting into my Holiday Frost bundles from Henry Glass fabric that I bought about a year or two ago with no particular plans for it.

The quilt is made of one (very) large block, 5 medium blocks and 19 small blocks. I started by working on the medium and small blocks

not with any stupid mistakes

before I thought about the large block. By which time, I realised that a Fat Quarter would not be enough and basically I didn't have enough fabric left for the big block. Desperate time called for desperate measures so I ordered more fabric (bad I know!) but because it was discounted I ordered enough for the backing and binding too.

So these are my blocks so far
medium blocks (5)
small blocks (9)
And a possible layout


I am still missing 10 small blocks (some in progress by my sewing machine and some I will do with the fabric I ordered) and the large block to finish my top but this adds 12 to my 350-blocks challenge to make it 15 so far.

Now if you like this quilt, run to Crafsty next week when it will be on sale!

Linking to WIP Wednesday, WOW, Needle and Thread Thursday

Celine


Comments

  1. It's coming together really well and looks lovely! Esp the white dot background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block and I've added it to my must make list. Can't wait to see your Christmas quilt finished - looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse