25 blocks and a quilt top

So finally today I finish my Star Plus quilt top from Claudia's lovely pattern.

I finished sewing my 25 blocks today, 1 very large block, 5 medium and 19 small blocks that I have shown in the last few weeks

and this is the layout i choose for the quilt top.

And the quilt top that I managed to sew together thanks to Downton Abbey large ads breaks!
I'll try a better picture in day light tomorrow.

A quilt top all ready for quilting now. Let's hope it will be quilted this year! I have the backing and binding fabric as I ordered meters of the grey fabric when I realised I wouldn't have enough fabric to finish my quilt and make the big block.


Claudia's pattern is now available for sale on Craftsy. It is a nice pattern and is really written with tips along the way and very detailed tables for cutting the pieces for the blocks and also to know what you need for each block. I really like the combination of the same unique block but in 3 different size, I think they work really well together.

The construction of the blocks is not difficult as such but there are a lot of pieces and if you don't like Half-Square Triangles, then I would say this is not for you as there are 200 of them in total! I used the quilt in a day ruler to trim mine and it works well and fast.

The big block is really big and needs half-yard of fabric so it isn't suitable for a FQ bundle as such unless you have 2 FQ or half-yard of one of the fabric. Claudia recommended using a lighter fabric for the big block and I think this is a good idea because otherwise it might overpower the rest of the quilt.


I only used 7 fabrics in my quilt (FQs and half yards) but you could use a lot more or less of course! Most of the fabric are Holiday Frost by Jan Shade Beach for Henry Glass but this is last year collection (the last 2 I ordered are not on the picture). I used a white on white spots fabric that I really like.
My quilt top is 60' x 80'.

And with the last few blocks finished now, I now have 27 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge this month. Finally catching up after 2 months on the low side.

Linking to Anything Goes Monday, Design Wall Monday.
Celine

Comments

  1. It looks so lovely, Celine, great top!! Thanks so much for pattern testing for the StarPlus Quilt, I really appreciate it :-)
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I plan to make one for myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! It's like fireworks or a galaxy of stars. I'm so adding it to my must-make list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful top, love the layout, colors, fabrics, love it all.
    Great set-up for a quilt.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!