And one finished UFO!

I did it! My cat quilt is finished. I machine stitched the binding last week and decided that I'd try to sew on length of thread every day for the hand stitching as there were about 7 meters to do. I had nearly finished one side Thursday night but I was so tired on Friday night that the idea of binding the quilt while watching TV really appealed to both of us (well I was the only one binding the quilt, but hubby could snuggle under it too!). I didn't quite finished it Friday night but on Saturday Miss Strawberry Shortcake wanted to do some sewing on her machine and I usually need to stay close by in case the needle needs re-threading etc that I thought it was the perfect excuse to finish her quilt.

She was so happy that it was finally finished!

And it was in use the exact same night!

Thanks for my fellow bees from Bee Europa 2012-2013 for making most of the blocks for me.

Quilt Statistics:
Started February 2013 - Finished May 2014
6 x 6 blocks 12' finished - quilt is a 72' square
Fabric (top) - London Cats, Paris Cats by Benartex
Fabric (backing) - multicolour spots
Quilting thread - King Tut Superior

Now this is one quilt of my UFO list, such a great feeling. And of course this is also my finish for May A lovely Year of Finishes and the first item of my Finish Along 2014 list for quarter 2 (it was already on my Q1 list) and finally my first OPAM for May.
Also linking to Whoop Whoop Friday and Anything goes Monday.
Celine

Comments

  1. It's beautiful Celine! It's easy to see why she loves it too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5