Free Motion Quilting

Look at this people, my quilt is off the frame, yes off the frame so of course this means that the quilting is FINISHED!
I am so happy that I finished it tonight. I was nearly there on Tuesday night and was hoping to finish it last night but I finished working far too late and decided to go straight to bed rather than start quilting after 10 pm. And  that was probably sensible with 3 children unwell in the house. Miss Baby had croup and very high temperature overnight which resulted in a 3-hour night for me. Today has been a long day and it was nice to end it with a play on my quilting frame. So here it is, the quilt is quilted and only needs its binding now. I am so pleased that I am finally at this stage. The blocks were made in 2011 by my fellow bees from Bee Europa and I assembled the top last year. And finally this year I picked it up again. Now it only needs a little trim around the sides and a long long long binding strip all the way around.
This is my project for the Lazy Bums challenge for October so I have all the motivation to go to the final step before the end of the month! And this will also be one UFO off my list. How good is this! I can't believe that this will be my second full size quilt finished in 2 months. It had been so long since I hadn't worked on any big project.

And after a very difficult start on Sunday, I must say that I have really enjoyed quilting on the frame. Of course, the quilting is far far from perfect but then I haven't used the frame so much, I think it is only my third time. And also I have tried to experiment with different quilting stitches.

I usually go for the straightforward stippling but this time, I used my free motion bible (Leah Day's 365 Free Motion Quilting Designs) and tried 3 of her designs. Not perfect but worth a try I would say.
So I experimented with Heart Confetti stitch because the quilt is for Miss Strawberry Shortcake and she loves hearts and I love her with all my heart of course so I wanted to draw my love on the quilt.
I tried the Curvy Key as a filler for the borders and in between the blocks

And I tried a sticth inspired by the Flowing Glass for the Irish Chain Stars.
And I also free-motion my daughter's name in the quilt

Linking with Gemma at Pretty Bobbins for I Quilt Thursday, with Liz of Dandelion Dreams for Brit Sewing Thursday Linky, with Julie at 627handworks for Thursday Threads, with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Tread Thursday, with Sarah at Confessions of Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday, with Nina for Off the wall Friday  and with Leah Day for FMQ Friday
Well I hope to show a finish quilt very soon, so pop back if you wish!
Celine

Comments

  1. I love Maisy! This quilt is just adorable. That green is just so happy and your FMQ looks great!

    I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so fantastic. Lovely quilting.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great quilting! You are so neat quilting your daughters name! I always find writi difficult. Thanks so much for linking up :) I'd love to hear more bout your machine and frame. I didn't realise that you quilted on a frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for all the typos, my iPad was being silly....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...