Winning times, UFO and swap

First thing first, I am involved in a fabric swap (about layer cake size pieces I believe) with some European ladies and we are looking for a few more players. We did a swap before the summer for text fabric and this time we are swapping map fabric. The swap is centralised by May in Germany and you get a great selection of fabric, a great stash buster. Want to swap along? Come over here.


And also if you want to play along with us, we are going for a second year of Lazy Bums, in an attempt to finish some UFOs. I have to confess that I played along last year but didn't finish anything on my far-too-ambitious list! Never mind it was great fun to play along and get motivated. Hop over here if you too want to join, the more the merrier!

For August, I am working on a very old UFO (err... 2005) that I had stashed away for all those years. I asked a few of my fellow bees in Bee Europa to make some blocks for me, which they have of course! So I am hoping to go from a PAIB (Project Abandonned in Bag) to an UFO (Unfinished Object) to a WIP (Work in Progress). Wish me luck!



And to keep me motivated, it seems that I have been a lucky streak recently. I won a pack of Aurifil thread from Katy on the Impromptu Sew-along with Amy.

I also won a gift voucher from Pink Chalk Fabric on the 3x6 bee blocks swap with Anna. Talking of which, there is a new quarter starting soon, so now is the time to join the fun. The blocks are due back no later than 15 November and there is even a European Hive to save on postage! But be quick as sign up closes on Friday 23 August.

and a pack of gorgoues fat-eigths from Liz on the Brit Sewing Link-up

and finally, although I didn't win I made it to the 9 runner-ups with my Night Owl cushion. You can read all about it and the other runner-up and the winner here:

Linking to WIP Wednesday, Brit Sewing Thursday Linky and Sew Darn Crafty for my UFO-tackling attempt!
Celine

Comments

  1. Some lovely winnings there and good luck with you PAIB....of which I have a few too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse