Positive/Negative blocks

I am this month Queen Bee in the Bee White Black. As per the name we are making blocks with black and white fabrics. As usual when it is my turn, I change ideas about what I want to make quicker than I type it! But when I saw Amy Ellis' Digital Pinwheels quilt from her new book Modern Neutrals, I really like the design and thought it would look good in graphic fabric (hope I am right here!) So last week, I cut A LOT of black and white, white and black, plain white and plain black fabric to try out fabric combination. I first thought of having black on white for the pinwheel and white on black for the background but it looked too busy and the design was almost lost. So I made a block with a black pinwheel and plain white background (Makower white) that is the Positive
and because I hate wasting fabric and I had cut some black on white fabric too, I decided to try a white pinwheel on a black background, my Negative block

Of course Amy's quilt is a lot more subtle with the lovely neutrals she has used, mine is much more graphic.
I have now sent my packages for my fellow bees to make me similar blocks. I can't wait to get them back! I am really curious to see what this quilt will look like once finished. I am thinking of using a red binding on it. But I'll have to see once all the blocks are together!
And when you mix the Positive and Negative block this is what you have:
 Linking to Jen's Building Blocks Tuesday and Lee for WIP Wednesday.
Celine

Comments

  1. I like very much your idea "Positive and negative blocks"!! The result will be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks turned out great, I think red binding is a genius idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun project. Having the opposite blocks looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of mirroring blocks. I can not wait to see how this all comes together (I suspect it is going to be fabulous).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are great. Like the black and white combination.
    Have a great day Frederika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how I get drawn into what fabric is in your blocks. That roller coaster is an old favorite! I enjoyed your profile, quilting helps keep me sane too!!!! Cheers to scraps of sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse