WIP Wednesday More bee blocks

Thank you to all of you who visited my blog during the Dare to Dresden blog hop, I am glad so many of you commented on my liberated Dresden or wavy Dresden. I will try to get back to everyone who is not a no-reply bogger individually but at the moment, I seem to have very little free time.
Before I start something new/else, I have played catch up with my bee blocks over the last week or so, I am getting there but I still have a couple to finish off.

Amelie sent us some yummy linen/Japanese fabric for us to make a mod mosaic block for her for Bee Europa 2012/2013.





Nicole had picked a "+ and x" block for her month for Sew Euro Bee an. She had sent us an assortment of black and white fabric with some accent colours, one red and one royal blue. I made her these 2 blocks using the accent red for the +
and the royal blue for the x.

I really like the "+ and x" blocks too... so I might think about them for a future quilt.

Pippa had sent us some white background for 2 bright big kisses blocks from Sarah's tutorial here. I picked a pink and a turquoise fabric for her blocks. The pink is finished


and the blue is in progress for now, hoping to finish it tonight

February is my month in Bee Europa 2012/2013 so I have cut into my stash of London Cats/Paris Cats from Benartex that I had been holding for a while for "that special quilt" not knowing which one it would be! Well, it is now all decided as I am asking my fellow bees to make me some blocks from this tutorial by Elizabeth at Don't call me Betsy. Her quilt was featured on Moda Bake Shop a while ago. I have made a test block for it and this is what it looks like.

I have sent the package away now and I am really excited to see how my fellow bees will combine my fabrics!

Now I still have one "+ and x" block to make with solid fabrics for our first month of the Simply Solids Bee and a couple of other blocks to catch up with and I will be on top of the swaps etc. Hopefully I can show you a WIP of something else next week, although with Miss Strawberry Shortcake turning 4 I am not sure how much sewing time I will manage to get!

I am linking to Lee at WIP Wednesday (first time this year!) and to Jen at Building Blocks Tuesday.
Celine

Comments

  1. ohhh love my bee block thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plus-x blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my swap fabrics arivved today... thank you so much for organising this swap xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5