Halloween See Saw reveal


It is the time now... to share with you where my little witch went on her journey. You might remember that she started here
before I sent her off on her way to Diane who took her on point and added this lovely paper-pieced blocks
While Diane worked on my block, I added a border to her witch with 2 sides in orange and 2 sides with pumpkins and scary cats
 
When I got my witch back, I decided to turn her back again as I felt this was the way I saw her flying off and added a printed fabric that I bought years ago. But I didn't have quite enough of fabric (just a FQ) so I had to calculate carefully to be able to cut out 4 triangles. I then added a border to the top and bottom of the square to get to a rectangle shape with fabric from the same line.
 She was ready to fly back to Diane who added some lovely flying geese borders
while I added eyes on orange and lime and some pumpkins to 2 sides to her top.
I then applique some pumpkins cut with my Sizzix die at the bottom of my quilt
and she flew back to Diane one last time for her to add this lovely pieced border.
And when she got back home, I had to laugh because I was working on the same idea for Diane's witch, adding a border of squares, although mine were bigger in size.
So since she has made it home, I have added a plain black border at the top. I have pieced my backing. I had this lovely Halloween panel in my stash from a long time ago. The kids loved it, it made them smile!
The selvage says Moda 1997! can you believe it?
I thought it be fun to use it. And because it wasn't wide enough I added a plain dark blue strip on either side.
I have prepared my quilt sandwich and she is on my sewing machine in the process of being quilted. I started tonight just before Downton Abbey was on  so I didn't go very far!
And I have this magical "Glow in the dark" thread that I bought last year and that I am planning to try on her
Now I have all the best intention to finish it before Halloween THIS year, otherwise it will end up in my UFO pile which would be a shame. I hope you can back to check if I have finished her in time....
Go and check Michele's blog for the grand reveal today for more lovely Halloween See-Saw pictures and a list of all the participants.
Celine

Comments

  1. looks good ... want to see it finished now ... you only have 9 days you know ...lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen this - what a great idea. Athough we don't do halloween here, I love the witch! And that cobweb fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out wonderful. Please don't leave it as a UFO....get it done and then enjoy it. Thanks for participating in my fun little swap. I hope you join me next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out very nice. I love all the borders you two added.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway