Mini quilts

Back to normal? Well maybe... I haven't posted for a while because we were away on holidays. We spent a week in Center Parcs in Belgium where the kids and us had a great time. Miss Strawberry Shortcake really came out of her shell during the week and has become so much braver when it comes to jumping and swimming. Nothing better than playing with other kids to be motivated to overcome your fears. Now we are back, school has started yesterday so we are again trying to get into the routine of school/activities etc. At the same time, we have started an extension at the back of the house so our garden looks like a minefield at the moment... I guess it has to get worse to get better eventually.
When I return from the holidays, it was really nice to find in my huge pile of mails a couple of little jewels. First I received my mini quilt for the British Mini Quilt Swap - Round 3. I got a gorgeous hexagon mini quilt from Sarah that I just love. Sarah has made some hexagon wheels for me in lovely bright colours with a contrasting white background. Look at her lovely quilting.
And the back of the quilt is as nice as the front with the central hexagon made of the same fabrics. It is gorgeous. I am glad I took part in this great swap!
And to spoil me even more, Sarah has sent me a lovely zakka pencil holder made of yummy fabric:

Thank you so much Sarah, it was a great surprise to come back to.

In my mail pile, I also found a lovely reversible mug rug from Shawn. I asked for a purple and lime mug rug to have in my bedroom and Shawn made a lovely work of her rug for me. On one side is a modern log cabin
and one the other side are some lovely hexies... How can I be more spoilt?
Thanks Shawn. The lovely rug is already in use on my bedside table. This is always nice to come home to such nice presents!
More soon!
Celine

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!