Secret cushion

Back in 2008 or 2009 (I can't even remember when) I started a wall hanging for a baby present. Well it was never finished. I didn't go further than the applique centre panel.  And by now, the baby is no longer a baby and has received another present. So this little teddy has been abandoned with its pot of honey and a few bees until this week.
I finally had an idea on how to use the panel, what about treasure pillow / pyjama tidy / secret cushion /  pocket pillow. I am not sure what is the best name for it!

I found in my stash a lovely teddy bear fabric that I had bought a few years ago, perfect for this project!
I cut out a square and free-motion quilted it.
I then took my applique square and cut the top with a gentle curve, cut a background piece and a wadding piece the same shape and made a pocket for my pillow with my new shaped panel.
I really like how it has turned out, don't you think this little bear look happier now that he will be treasured?

I was planning to put it on the sale table of our quilting group tomorrow but... the pillow has already been claimed by Miss Strawberry Shortcake, Mr Cars was interested as well and asked me if I'd made another one...
One more OPAM and one less UFO!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5