Jubilee cushion

I couldn't resist Makower special line of fabrics I love London, and because I couldn't decide which fabrics I liked best, I treated myself to a lovely FQ bundle, with all 11 designs. With the Jubilee coming soon, I thought our house really NEEDED a lovely Union Jack cushion. I had seen some gorgeous cushions on Flicker so I knew I needed one!
Anyway I pieced my cushion on Monday night and when I looked at it, I felt it wasn't quite right.
Yes, the white strips around the middle cross were missing. So I unpicked my top yesterday afternoon and added the white strips that I felt were missing. I think it looks much better now, what do you think?
For the backing, I used a tea towel I bought last year for the Royal Wedding, a perfect fit for my cushion.
Celine

Comments

  1. Oh the flag looks great in those fabrics. I just bought some of the same line to take to a retreat with me and make a Union Jack pilow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your fabrics.
    I have been driven mad by a Union Jack this last month. Its such a tricky one isn't it? I have a tutorial now on my blog if you fancy checking it out. I would love to know what you think.
    Kind regards
    Liz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cushion with the perfect backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great cushion!
    well done to your giveaway winner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse