Playing football

Today was Mr Cars party with his friends in a local soft play area so Mummy had to bake more cakes. He choose the football for his party so I made little football cupcakes to put in the kids party bag, which were fun to make but a little time consuming!

and I also did a larger one to put the candles on:

The kids had a brilliant time, playing and dancing etc so Mr Cars had trouble going to sleep tonight! The birthday cake baking season and the birthdays season is now over for a while thankfully! I think I need a little break from baking cakes and more likely decorating cakes with kids theme!

I have also managed a little sewing (not much) and have done my test block for the [3x6] Sampler quilt mini-bee. I am in the "Star" hive and I had trouble decided which star to make until I stumble across Fresh Lemon quilts blog and her lovely Solstice Stars series. I choose the "Another Star" pattern and I love how it turned out.

This will be the star I'll make for my swap partners. You should see more of these in different colourways soon hopefully.
And finally I have also finished my hexie flower for Doris for our swap on the craft forum. She wanted a red flower, I hope it will fit in her garden!

Celine

Comments

  1. This star looks so very nice! I looking forward to put in the quilt with the other blocks I allready have.

    xx Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothering, cooking and stitching! How on earth do you get it all done? Superwoman I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many great star patterns. Love how yours turned out. Those cupcakes look too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...