Just Takes 2 - more blocks and one last OPAM

 I have finally made some progress on the Just Takes 2 blocks that I hadn't touch since early January.I finish block #6 early in February. Hand applique (5 pieces)
And this week, I pieced block #7 (28 pieces)
block #8 (21 pieces) -which was foundation pieced


block #9 (22 pieces)

I have paper-pieced the fan of block 10 but haven't sewn the curved pieces yet
and finally block #12 (45 pieces) which was paper-pieced as well
Total = 212 pieces
I have now completed about half of the blocks released so far but I am still 8 behind even before Unit 5 is published on Thursday...

I have also finished a UFO yesterday - my last OPAM this month - but I can't show a picture as yet because I need to send it to the recipient first.
Once she receives it, I'll disclose it fully. You'll have to make do with a sneak peak for now.
This was a friendship project for which I gathered blocks in the Spring last year with a view of assembling and finishing the quilt to send it off in the summer. But life got in the way, I spent most of the summer with no energy, resting most of the time and being signed off work. Then I went back to work in September and I must admit I did pick that project first because my projects had piled up during the summer. So I only picked the blocks again towards the end of last year with the idea of finally making the quilt. I managed to piece the top before Baby Daughter was born but didn't go any further so, of course, it had been waiting since. Finally earlier this month, I picked it up again to add the border, quilt the top and this last week add the binding.

Although I am ashamed it has taken me so long to finish it, I am proud it is now finish and ready to go. I shall go to the post office on Thursday to send it off.

Now I am grateful for the extra day this leap year as I intend to finish my February block for the CQ Journal tomorrow.
Celine

Comments

  1. Your blocks are lovely. The colors are great. I am sure your friend will love the UFO . Very nice from the little that we see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!