Farmer's Wife quilt-along - 4 new blocks

Last week, I did play with those blocks again and made a further 4 blocks, taking my grand total to 9! I bought the sashing fabric at the week-end so I think I will start adding sashing (chocolate brown) and cornerstones (beige) soon so I don't have to do it all at the end. And I can even start assembling my row as I go along. This is what I am also doing with my Dear Jane.


Block #6 [16] Calico Puzzle
Another block with squares and HST. I cut 2 sizes of squares and played with stripes to add a bit of salsa!
The finished block then assembled as a 9-patch block:

Block#7 [20] Churn Dash
Squares, HST and rectangles in this block so I cut 2 sizes of squares and 2 strips with which I did the 4 sub-units with rectangles.
I even managed to cut my strips too wide so I had to trim them off to sizes once assembled! The finished block assembled as a 9-patch block:

Block #8 [21] Contrary Wife
Again this block is made of squares and HST so I cut 2 sizes of squares
and assembled them  as a 9-patch to make the final block

Block #9 [41] Friendship Star
And one more block to play with squares and HST, very similar to the previous one but for the orientation of the triangles and the middle squares
and assembled the sub-units as a 9-patch to make the final block.

Celine

Comments

  1. I love the colors in the quilt. You have an eye for bright "go-together"colors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway