Mother's day present

Today is Mother's Day in France so Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums around the globe. Last year when I went to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham I found a lovely seaside fabric that I thought would be great for a beach bag for my Mum. Of course, although I bought the fabric last August I had never touched it again until I started digging out for it last week. I found it at the week-end and started planning a bag similar to the one I bought last year. I kept a very basic design but made a zippered pocket that is attached inside the bag to keep all the valuable essentials safe.

I had bought a dark blue gros grain that I used to make the handles and to cover the side of the front pocket.

My bag is finished in time (incredible!) but for the button to close the bag as I didn't find one in my stash that would work. I was looking for a big round red button but don't seem to have a nice one. I'll have to find one next time I'll go shopping.
Hope Mum likes it.
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...