A great week-end of sewing

This week, I had to swap my day off from work so I was at home yesterday. I decided to have a go with my quilting frame again and try to quilt the Hungry Caterpillar quilt. I had decided that I would quilt that top on my frame so it had been folded and put away since I finished piecing it in June. So yesterday hubby installed the frame and I did put the Hungry Caterpillar on it. It took me only 1.5 hours to quilt it (it is a single bed size). I think it might have taken longer to prepare everything that to quilt actually.




Today was our quilting group meeting, where we had 2 guest speakers. We first had Baby Girl (never too early to start) attending while her "Spiderman" Big Brother went to a birthday party. Then Spiderman came as he didn't feel good at the party and didn't want to stay. So he spent the rest of his day with our quilting group, playing Lego and drawing. I took advantage of space to square my Hungry Caterpillar quilt and sew the binding on. I now to finish sewing by hand, but there is a new series of the Apprentice starting this week so I'll do that in front of the TV. I also squared up the Christmas Table Runner and sew the binding on. Another binding to finish in front of the TV. I might even manage 2 OPAMs this month!
Before I can show you these quilts finished, hopefully soon, for now I can show the framed hexie I made for Barb in September (she wanted a Christmas inspired hexie)

and the one I received from Sandra

Lovely!
Celine

Comments

  1. Hi Celine!

    What size do you make your framed hexagons? I'm not in the swap, but would love to send you one. I would need the measurement of one side or across the centre. I have ALL of the templates, so it should be one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway