Lovely presents

We were away in France at the week-end to spend 2 days with friends 6 adults and 5 under 4-year old! It was so nice to catch up and see the children playing together. We had a fantastic time, even though I fell down one flight of stairs and hurt myself in the exercise. I even managed to fell quietly enough so I didn't wake the children who were having their afternoon nap!

When we got back, we exchanged presents (my hubby's birthday is just after mine). Our children's childminder is very imaginative and does wonder with the kids so we each got one hand made card from our son and a lovely ornies with a "M" for "maman" and a "P" for "Papa". This was our son first attempt at sewing, not bad for a 3.5 year old little boy:


We also got lovely cards with hand prints of our 9-month old baby daughter:

And my wonderful hubby picked those books for me from my amazon wish list. The Farmer's Wife Sample Quilt made of 6' squares:
I might even be tempted to go back to my Dear Jane before I attempt this one. Who knows?

And a Japanese book: Zakka Sewing with some cute projects. If only I had more free time....


I am a lucky girl to have had such a good birthday.
Celine

Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes Celine - Sounds like you had a good one even though you had a fall - goodness, nothing badly hurt I hope?

    What talented Children you have and what a great childminder too, you are a lucky lady:-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!