Christmas is over!

for now anyway!

Today was such a glorious day. The weather was really nice, a real summery day. We had lunch outside and got the paddling pool out again for Maxime. He didn't mind that the water was cold. He had so much fun launching himself in the water and splashing all around him. Charlotte also spent most of the day outside.
When I finally sat down I picked up my stitchery and did a little bit then sitting in the garden. During nap time, I escaped to the sewing machine as I was determined to finish my blocks for the Christmas block swaps today. It was so odd to work with Christmas fabrics when it was so warm and sunny outside!
Last year I played with my Christmas fabric in November to make Maxime's Advent calendar and then again around 20th December to make his stocking and toy bag. The weather was definitely different by then!
Anyway, I have made 9 blocks in total, 2 for each of my swap partner, one for Beth for a charity quilt and 2 for me to keep. I don't have any pictures of my blocks yet, that will be for tomorrow.
Time for bed now!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!