Love quilt

I have been trying to do a lot of clearing out and decluterring in the last few months, including in my sewing/craft supplies. And while going through bags, boxes etc, I have of course unearthed some long lost treasures, abandoned projects and all sorts.

I stumbled across a pile of Disappearing 4-patch red and white blocks that I had won during the Block Lotto in March 2011 (!) and that had been waiting to be put together... one day. Well the days to do so finally arrived recently and I started to piece the blocks together into a quilt top earlier in the month.

While working on this top, I decided that I would make it a "Love Quilt" for my cousin and her boyfriend who invited us to celebrate their 10 years of love yesterday. Once I took that decision, the obvious pattern to quilt over the quilt was of course Love Hearts and took inspiration from the backing fabric
The quilt was finally quilted last week and I unforutnately didn't notice that the backing fabric had not been tighly rolled so I ended up with a few puckers on the back, which I had to leave at that stage.

I choose a plain red fabric for the binding, to frame the quilt nicely

and here we go a lovely quilt from an abandoned project, ready to be gifted to the Love Birds who were very happy with it.
I am so happy I have finally put those lovely blocks to good use. I love how it has turned out in the end and I am glad that this is no longer a pile of blocks in a plastic bag but a quilt that will be used and cherished.

Quilt Stats:
Blocks made in 2011 (some of mine, some won in the Block Lotto)
Assembled, quilted and finished in October/November 2017
Backing fabric from Les Coupons de Saint Pierre (cotton)
Quilted with YLI and King Tut white thread

Size: 56' square


And of course this is one OPAM for November!
Celine

Comments

  1. I like how it turned out and I'm sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really nice and for such a special gift. Plus it's one less thing on the "quilty to-do list!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse