Colour-in pillowcases

A while ago I ordered some colour in panel for the kids and they coloured them on and off for the last few months (years?)  and hadn't touched them for a long time so I dusted them off and thought that such a simple sewing project would be ideal to get back to my overlocker. I hadn't touched it since June and for this particular project, I needed to change the colour of the thread... Oh no, not rethreading the whole thing just knotting the threads and getting them through but still.... I knew I needed a week-end for it so I'd have time. Finally, I plucked the courage to do so on Sunday and after about 30 minutes of fiddling with it, getting the manual out and my book as well, I finally got there. I had a stitch with correct tension for all 4 threads... Ready to play!

Trimming the panels and the cotton fabric I bought for a whooping 2£ in the summer at the Cloth House Warehouse, a little hem on the sewing machine on the panel and backing and here we go, 3 lovely pillowcases that the kids absolutely love, since it is partly their handywork.


I even made a napkin with the leftover fabric

Wow, that makes more OPAM for September, I am on a roll!
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!