Back to 365

After months lurking in the corner of my sewing room and the medaillon staring accusingly at me from my design wall, I have finally picked this up again. Oh yes, I am months and probably over 100 blocks behind but never mind, eventually I will get there (she says... ever so hopeful!)

I assembled the medaillon and the first border before the summer and haven't touched it much since.


I have the next borders ready but for the 4 corner blocks that were realised in.... April (oops!) I read so many comments about how difficult these were that maybe that put me off! Anyway, I decided to finally give them a try one by one and I must say they weren't as bad as I feared!

Back to fiddly blocks (6') with lots of tiny pieces and even some Y-seams (ooooh).




All ready to finish the second border and grow the medaillon a little.

And here is the center piece!

The next border is made of 2 rows of 3' blocks and I believe (hope) that I have all of those sewn already (we made those at the beginning of the year while I was still more or less sewing along). Hopefully I can add that next border soon as well and then concentrate on all the blocks I have to catch up with (and there's loads!). But in the meantime, I just made one little 3' block just for fun! One with 7/8' squares and HST, bordering insanity...  it didn't come out too bad after all.


Those 4 corner blocks and the tiny 3' block take my total for this month to 34, above the target for the month!
Linking to  Sew Cute TuesdayLet's Bee Social and  Needle and Thread Thursday
Celine

Comments

  1. I am so far behind,
    I have decided this is a two year mission instead. Best of luck with catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse