More blocks made it into a quilt top

I have been making blocks, blocks,blocks lately but I am glad to say that some of those blocks made it into a quilt top last week! My Stems and Stones quilt top is finished and at the time of writing this post, it is even already on the frame being quilted!

The quilt top went together quite quickly, starting from the snowball blocks I made last month

and then the connectors sections
I had to lay it all out on the floor to create the top as it was the easiest way to ensure the correct pieces were in the right place
From that point, I added all the background pieces and started assembling by rows so as not to lose the plot! 
And after 2 or 3 evenings, I had a quilt top (and 36 puzzle blocks to add to my 350-blocks project!)
And now it is on the frame for the quilting. 

I love how this has turned out. It is a beautiful pattern and while I was cutting the fabric, I was wondering if it would be too scrapy/random but it works well with the white background I think. And I am pleased that all fabric came from my stash!
Celine

Comments

  1. Wow it is gorgeous! Great job! I've been wanting to make a Morraccan tile quilt and I love how your random stash fabrics look so nice with a uniform white background color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is gorgeous! Great job! I've been wanting to make a Morraccan tile quilt and I love how your random stash fabrics look so nice with a uniform white background color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very complicated pattern and you have made a wonderful job of putting it together, it's a lovely colour balance. The way you laid it out helped me to appreciate all the different components. Excellent.
    Just linking up via Building Blocks Tuesday and Needle and Thread Thursday.
    Smiles from
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful finish! I love it! And I agree, it's so great it all came from your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!