Catching up

It has been a looong time. Life has been busy, very busy and I haven't had time for anything really. There has been a lot of travelling as a family and alone, for leisure and for work. There has been important milestones with Hubby and I turning 40 the same week-end.


There has been great sadness at watching the world go mad, especially in my home country with the attacks on Paris. There has been a lot of work and little time to do anything else. There has been an awful bug last week-end which has sent us all but hubby to bed and made me faint a couple of times. But finally, I have had special time with my sewing machine again after so long. Of course, with such a busy time in the last few months, I have fallen behind in a lot of my projects (not that my list is never over-stretched in the first place anyway!) but little by little I have been catching up. I have of course starting with blocks for bees as I owed quite a few. And of course, because I never travel without a needle, I have been able to cram a fair amount of hand sewing.

So I finished my last Patchwork of the Cross block for the I love Lucy International bee. This was the second round and I believe Jan will organise a third next year.

I made more flowers for the Inchy Hexie Swap



I also caught up with the #bookbee and made 3 blocks. I love this pattern by Ayumills. One more to finish and this bee will be over.



One bubble for Jan from last month

An easy Bee Hive block for Francis as well

And of course, I have fallen behind with all the sew-along, quilt-along etc! So here again I am trying to at least catch the moving train again. I made one block for the Farmer's Wife 1930 quilt-along after a few weeks off. Meet Prudence
So for a start, that gives me 10 blocks this month for the 350-blocks project.

Linking to Building Blocks TuesdayLet's Bee Social
Celine

Comments

  1. Love your book blocks! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh you have been busy Celine. Love your little hexies.
    It has been a difficult time for France and has effected everybody throughout Europe. Thinking of you and your compatriots. Oh and happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not feeling well... You certainly got a lot of stitching accomplished! All your blocks are beautiful. I especially like that Patchwork of the Cross block. Happy birthday to both you and your hubby! Love and prayers from your friend in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...