Farmer's wife 1930 Quilt Along

The Farmer's Wife quilt along has kicked off earlier this week on Angie's blog and it has gone viral! Hundreds of followers, well done Angie! I wonder how many quilts that will make in a year's time?
GnomeAngel.com

Anyway, I received my book in time so I had no excuse not to partake. And I am happy to report that I duly made the first block:
#12 Becky


the second block
#16 Bonnie
and the third block
#8 Aunt

in time.

I haven't bought special fabric for this quilt (maybe I need to!) and decided I will stick to my stash as much as possible. To be honest I don't like 30s fabric so I knew I wasn't going to go that route. I just want a happy cheery quilt. Let's see how far I will go from my stash.... My middle daughter is dreaming of having a poney farm when she grows up so maybe she will be a Farmer's Wife.

In a moment of complete madness, I even went to check if I had already made blocks #12 and #16 of the original Farmer's wife quilt (that I started... a few years back) and you know what? I had.


I was almost disappointed!
I haven't made block #8 so hopefully I will find time for this one soon (lots of fiddly pieces and some Y seams that I am thinking of changing...)
Maybe the new Farmer's Wife will help the old Farmer's Wife to progress. Watch this space!
3 blocks for this month 350-blocks challenge.
Linking to Gnome Angel

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!