August in review

Another month has whizzed past me. We were away for 2 weeks and I thought I would do a lot more hand sewing than I actually did but then I had other commitments that have eaten up a lot of my "free" time, hopefully for a positive outcome soon. Fingers crossed. Anyway, let's have a look at what I can cross off my August list and what will be carried forward to my September list.

Hoping for Finishes!
1. Finish my Flower Power quilt for my Grand-Mum 85th birthday Lazy Bums challenge for July and this is also going to be my pick for August (again) for A lovely Year of Finishes - yes it is finished and gifted

2. Finish my Cat Quilt - need 13 more blocks before quilting etc - yes it is finished and gifted

3. Dumpling Swap - yes it is finished and sent over to my partner

4. Strawberry Swap - yes it is finished and sent over to my partner


5. It's a Sister's Thing Swap - secret sewing all done (blog post to come soon)

6. Make a book bag for Mister Cars and one for Miss Baby - 2 NewFO for August - both are cut and I have started assembling Mister Cars' bag

7. Finish my Wiksten Tank started at the FQR - no progress

Bee Blocks
8. Stash Bee block (June, July and August) - June and August in progress
9. Little Blog Bee block (August) - nearly finished
10. Block Lotto blocks? - none
11. I love Lucy international block (July and August) - both started 

12. flower hexies for the Inchy Hexie Swap (July and August) - both done

13. + and x blocks (12) - none

WIP
14.Midnight in the Oasis - no progress
15. Mod Mod Along blocks: Sunrise Blocks x 6, Little Window blocks x ? - no progress
16. You've got Mail wall hanging - need 4 more envelopes - no progress
17 Finish Maud's bag and my work bag - no progress
18. Make a few blocks for my Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt - no progress
19. Make more Farmer's Wife blocks - no progress
20. Continue working on my Once Upon a Time Sampler - very good progress as I have now finished the first 5 months, June and July are nearly there and August not too bad!

New projects
21. Flowering Snowball quilt-along - NewFO for August - cutting has started

22. Postcard quilt-along - NewFO for August - no progress

Total number of blocks for the 350-blocks challenge: 17 (13 under the challenge)

Linking to NewFOFresh Sewing Day and Flowering Snowball Along (despite my very little start).
Celine

Comments

  1. Wow. Lots of cute stuff here. Cute fabrics you're using too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering you've been away You've got a load done this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you must never sleep :)
    Love all your projects- especially the cat quilt and flowering snowball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Hexies! I an just learning those!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5