April in review, goals for May

So last week-end after posting my number of blocks so far as 13, I wasn't happy I hadn't made that many and thought that although reaching 30 would be difficult with so little time left, I should try to improve my number. And I guess what, yesterday evening I finished my not 30th but 31st block for April! I made it, I met the 350 blocks challenge  with 31 blocks this month, yeah!

Now let's have a look at what I had ambitiously planned for April a month ago and how much I managed to achieve despite a week away one holiday and 3 week-end away from home and from my sewing machine.

1. Make my Siblings Together 2 blocks (February x 1, April x 2) - all done

2. Inchy Hexie swap (April) - done for April and May


3. Block for the Lotto - none for the Lotto but 9 squares in a square blocks for the Mod Mod Along

4. Beads on a string blocks x 10 and Star Cross x 3 for Mod Mod Along - none5. Finish off my blocks for the You've got Mail wall hanging - need 4 more envelopes - no progress6. Finish my cat quilt -  on the frame, ready for quilting

7. Finish Maud's bag and my work bag- Lazy Bums challenge for March and April no progress8. Catch up on my + and x blocks no progress9. Make 10 Farmer's Wife blocks - 5 blocks completed (one has disappeared mysteriously in my sewing room!)
10. Finish central medaillon of my Midnight in the Oasis  - no progress on the centre block but I completed 4 blocks of the first border

11. I love Lucy international block (April)  - done

12. Stash Bee  block (April) - done

13. Wonky log cabin for the Little Blog Bee (April) - done

14. Bee Europa blocks (April) - done

15. Finish my quilt for Triangle Quilt Along - my NewFO challenge and A lovely Year of Finishes too - done

16. Continue working on my Once Upon a Time Sampler - still on-going and I have started April!

Now let's plan May.
1. Make my Siblings Together 2  May blocks
2. Block for the Lotto 
3. Mod Mod Along blocks: Beads on a string x 10, Star Cross x 3 and Diagonal Bars x 12
4. Finish off my blocks for the You've got Mail wall hanging - need 4 more envelopes
5. Finish my cat quilt -  on the frame, ready for quilting - I will pick this one as my A lovely Year of Finishes challenge for May

6. Finish Maud's bag and my work bag
7. Catch up on my + and x blocks (12)
8. Make more Farmer's Wife blocks 
9. Make my items for the Modern She Made Swap
10. Finish central medaillon of my Midnight in the Oasis and make more border blocks
11. I love Lucy international block (May)  
12. Stash Bee block (May) 
13. Little Blog Bee block (May) 
14. Bee Europa blocks (May)
15. Start another Triangle quilt like the Triangle Quilt Along - A lovely Year of Finishes too - done
16. Start this Cat Quiltmy NewFO challenge for May
17. Finish my September in the Hexagon quilt - Lazy Bums challenge
18. Start working on my Grand-Mum's birthday present with floral blocks
19. Continue working on my Once Upon a Time Sampler 
I think that should be enough for the month really! Wish me luck, as usual this is probably over ambitious...
Linking to A lovely Year of FinishesFresh Sewing Day, Brit Sewing Thursday Linky and Needle and Thread Thursday.
Celine

Comments

  1. Wow! You are amazing Celine! No wonder a block disappeared in your sewing room with so much activity! I love my Lucy block. Thank you for making it~ Sew pretty!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic collection of projects! I love the colors in the Siblings Together blocks. SO pretty!

    Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive list of finishes and accomplishes. I'll be back to see more of your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you're working on lots of great projects. Midnight Oasis looks beautiful. I'm anxious to see progress on that. Did you turn the edges under on those pedals? how come they puff up, did you stuff 'em?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5