Week-end sewing

The Doll Quilt Swap is coming to its deadline and although I had an idea for my partner for a while, I didn't get to the point of starting until recently. I decided on a Circle of Geese block to be framed with more flying geese and this week-end I was chain paper-piecing my geese for the circle until I had my block completed. I raided my batik stash to find a selection of greens for the circle of geese and used a Klona cream from Backstitch for the background.
I really like the softness of the cream for this block. I made my block using the template from piece by number. So the central block is finished, I have also made all my geese for the border, I just need to add the borders and get onto the quilting to finish it this week. I hope my partner will like it!

And of course because I like working on more than one project at once, I did more paper piecing to try out a New York Beauty block that I am planning to use for my Sew Sew Modern 4 swap partner. I ordered a lovely rainbow of Rain from Simply Solids earlier in the month that I am going to use for my New York Beauty. I have only made one quarter so far with the templates from Ulas Quiltseite.
The paper pieced part was easy but I was terrified of the curves and they weren't as bad as I feared in the end. I am in love with this block. So much so that I am planning to ask for this block when I am Queen Bee next time!

Some work in progress that should hopefully get finished soon. Linking to WOW, WIP Wednesday and Needle and Thread Thursday.
Celine


Comments

  1. Your geese will make your partner happy. She must like batik?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll mini is looking great! I just did a few NYB blocks for the first time and I also thought the curve would be difficult, but turned out pretty easy. Yours look fabulous and so smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done. I did that circle of Geese block once but it was black background and batik geese. Love the softness of yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, well done! Curves scare me but maybe I should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your circle of geese block is really pretty! I love greens!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse