Work in progress

I am catching up with a few things but I also still have loads on the go of course! I like to have more than one thing going (!) (well in reality I probably have about 20) but I also like to finish some stuff! I am resisting very hard at the moment to just run and start a new project. There is a Midnight in the Oasis quilt-along over on Sharon's blog Fabrics and Flowers. Well I have the pattern, from Quiltmania, I have identified the focus fabric and the background as well I think. What do you think? Polka dots or map?


 but... I am trying to be good and finish other things first.

So this week I started some Christmas coasters for a swap. They only need quilting now so I am hoping to have them ready very soon! I really like this red Scandinavian fabric and paired with the green it makes for a lovely traditional Christmas feeling I think.

I also got out some blocks I got from a bee last year, which have made it to my UFO list. They were made based on a pattern in 99 Modern Blocks. I have 11 blocks in total because one of the bee member dropped out half-way through. I was considering making a 12th blocks but while playing with the blocks I already had I realised one was a lot bigger than the others, which is not too bad as it is only because the seam allowances were not very accurate. So I am taking this block apart and will sew it back to fit.
The other problem is that one of the blocks is really badly sewn. The block wasn't easy with all the HSTs but I wish the lady would made it didn't trim to size because my doing so she completely cut off the points on the left of the block on the picture and slightly on the right too. Again I was going to take it apart to try and sew it back together until I realised one of the row is not useable. This is such a shame.
Have you had blocks like this from some bees, where you couldn't really use them? I feel really bad about it.
I am thinking of taking it apart anyway and maybe using it on the back of the quilt, since effort and time has been spent by someone else for me, I feel really bad leaving it out. This is also my Lazy Bum challenge for November so I should really finish this quilt by the end of the month, doable? Stay tuned!
Linking to WIP Wednesday, WOW, Brit Thursday Linky, Needle and Thread Thursday.
Celine

Comments

  1. that's a bummer about the block redo, but the HST quilt is really looking pretty! As for the background fabric, I love the polkadots, but then again I always love polkadots!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse