One more quilt, one less UFO

Wow time flies when you are having fun! I didn't realised it had been a week since I posted anything. I must say I have kept myself busy! Work is crazy mad at the moment and I added to that by deciding I needed to finish 3 quilt by tomorrow night. OK there are not big huge quilt but still, neither top was pieced completely a week ago. So I worked on the piecing for all 3 last week-end and got my Diamond Quilt ready for quilting

that was after I unpicked my last row as I thought it looked upside down.
my Advent calendar with all its pockets on
and my Hena quilt pieced by the end of Sunday.

I quilted my Diamond quilt first (which took 2 evenings in total and one for the binding) to be able to send it away to my Mum this week. I picked a lovely red binding (Joy by Kate Spain Moda fabric)
and the back was a brown bubble fabric by Timeless Treasure (one less in my pile of backing now!)
I kept the quilting simple by echoing the diamonds

and it was in the post on Thursday!

One OPAM for me, one less UFO and my Lazy Bums challenge completed, how good is that?
I hope my Mum's friend likes it now!
Thank you to all my fellow bees for making lovely blocks for me last year that are finally turned into a quilt.
Linking to Quilt it Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday.
Celine

Comments

  1. Very ambitious. I especially like the colors in the Diamond quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table topper is gorgeous!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your diamond quilt - that pattern always delivers. Advent calendar? Mmm - just 12 hours to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay fo your finish and fingers crossed for the other two! Adventcalendar?! After I stuffed mine for the boys they received one from their auntie... Guess I'll keep mine for 2014...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for getting so much done! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5