Bee Blocks

While I was finishing my teacher's presents in the last couple of weeks, I also found inspiration to make my two blocks for Elisabeth for Sew Euro Bee an. Elisabeth had sent us some solid blue fabric and has let us free choice with regards to the block design/size etc. A great opportunity to create which sometimes turn into that fear of how to get it right! Anyway, I flicked through my 99 Modern Blocks book for inspiration and found 2 blocks which I thought would suit Elisabeth. The first one is called "Link Up" by John Adams aka Quilt Dad. I choose a London fabric for the centre and I thought this block would be a great choice for Elisabeth when she was just coming back from the Fat Quaterly Retreat in London where John was teaching.

The second block I choose reminds me of a succession of doors, the original was designed by Angela Pingel of Cut to Pieces but I didn't have enough blue to make a similar blocks to hers so I redesigned mine to fit the fabric I had. Elisabeth is about to move country so again I thought that a new door to the future might work for her!
Linking to Building Blocks Tuesday.
Celine

Comments

  1. Great blocks Celine! The first is my favorite. I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those blocks, Celine! The blocks I've received so far are all brilliant and I think it's going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5