Hexi-ing away


Spring has finally arrived to the UK and it was all the better that we had a long week-end. Although we stayed at home we had quite a busy time as we entertained on Saturday afternoon and Sunday lunch time. I had grand plans for some sewing over the week-end but of course, I have been tied in to the kitchen for a great part of the time. Never mind, I still did a few bits and pieces but not as much as I had hoped/planned!

During my commute from work, I usually try to sew and English Paper Piecing projects are perfect for the train. Very portable and easy to do. I always have a stash of paper hexies at the ready and some fabric hexies too. I cut everything with my Sizzix dies to have perfect shapes and not have to worry about trimming the fabric away. So, it is still early in the month but I have already finished my 2 hexie flowers for Diane for the Inchy Hexie Swap. She wanted some 30s fabric with a solid centre so this is the 2 fabrics I picked. Hope they will fit in her garden!

I have also received some lovely grey hexies from Jane which I am planning to use to build my garden with the flowers I have accumulated so far. I love the stone like fabric she has used.

Linking to Let's get Acquainted Monday at Plum and June.
Celine

Comments

  1. I completely forgot to link to Plum & June this week. Doh. Too many bank holidays this week, leaves me feeling out of sorts. We have another holiday tomorrow to celebrate Liberation day.

    I love hexagons for travelling too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...