New beginnings...

Today was a big day for me and all the family as I returned to work this morning after an extended maternity leave. I had a lovely 14 months off in total, which have been very busy and very exciting. Of course, the main event has been the birth of Baby Daughter but the last few months have also mainly been taken over by our house extension, which is still unfinished. We are slowly getting there as the decorators have now taken over to make everything looks pretty. Although the main bathroom is still not finished and all our belongings are still stored "wherever there is some space". I have started to take hold of my kitchen, the dining room is in use but not fully installed, the lounge is crowded again. The office/sewing room might be completely finished tomorrow. That would be a nice surprise! as that would mean I could start to set up my sewing space again!


Talking of which, I have been a nomad sewer in the last few weeks with all my stuff packed in different places. But I did manage to finish my blocks for the [3x6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee just in time. The deadline for posting them is today and I did post them this morning on my way to work. They are all flying over the Atlantic now! I was in the star bee and picked a block by Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville called Boxy star which is made out of 2.5' strips.

Here are my blocks:
for Suzy
for Tricia
for Jane
for Nanette
for Manda
for Krista our swap mama
and mine!
And all my stars together
I will be linking to Jen's Building Blocks Tuesday.
Celine

Comments

  1. I am sure all the upheaval will have been worth it in the long run xx Hope the return to work was not too unsettling for all involved xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it was ok to go back to work - 14 months lucky you! Great stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to work - your blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great fabric combinations. Congrats on the return to work and I'm sure with time you will find a routine that works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway