Christmassy mug rug

A little Christmas tree to brighten up the house and make me feel like Christmas is coming! Yesterday I sent my mug rug to my partner in the USA for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap. I must admit when I received my partner details I was quite intimidated to be paired with such a talented and prolific lady that I nearly wished I hadn't signed up...

But then it was too late really! So the stalking started and continued for a while until I found an idea I thought could be my partner style! I designed a little Christmas tree made of red and green baubles. I used Kona white for the background and a red dot and lime swirls fabrics for the baubles.

The baubles are applique on the background and the quilting is a swirl to match the fabric. I used the same red dots fabric for the binding and the backing.
Well I hope my partner likes it. I really liked how it turned out and could have kept it I think! It is now on its way to its new home though!
And this is my first OPAM for December, hoping for a few more with Christmas around the corner.
Celine

Comments

  1. that is gorgeous :) I may be tempted to borrow that idea if that's ok :) sizzix to the rescue, love the dots

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5