Bee blocks

I have been a Busy Bee... this week-end, catching up on some of my Bee blocks. I have lately signed up for a few new bees and it is of course keeping me busy!

Sew Euro-Bee-an is in its first month. Helen sent us her package and said she wanted some sea glass inspired blocks using tiny 9-patch and others. I must admit that for a while I wasn't sure what to do beyond 9-patch blocks. And then on Friday during the Friday Night Sew-in, I decided to take the plunge and try to make her blocks. I opened the pack of fabric she had sent and started cutting random sizes squares and playing with them to see where that would lead me. I decided that each of my block would have 2 9-patch blocks complemented by other blocks.

And my siggy block in blue

EEEEP EPP BEE has started in the summer and I hadn't completed a set of blocks yet. Danielle had sent us some Kona Black fabric that she wanted us to use with some solids or almost solid fabrics in jewel tones to make her 2 Treasure Chest blocks.

I started on my blocks in July on holidays but I had cut the centre squares too small so I couldn't finish my blocks then and there. They had been languishing in my bag since until last week. Downton Abbey series 3 started last Sunday so I knew I would have the ideal project to work on while watching TV. I finally finished Danielle's blocks last week.

And a small preview at the blocks for Mary that I started last night.
 
I am linking this post to Sinta's blog for the BOM Rehab.
Celine

Comments

  1. Oh Celine! These are all just beautiful! You are just on a roll... getting so much done! And I really like what you are making for Mary too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! I especially like those sea glass blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!