Circle of Geese - green

Before we went away, I managed to finish off my second Rainbow Scrap Challenge Circe of Geese block. This month was green. I used the same paper-piecing pattern from Piece by Number as last month.

While working on this project and diving into my green scrap baskets, I found a number of bright green pieces that I have used in baby quilts (for mine or friends'). It was so nice to find a piece and think who I used the fabric for in the first place. When I found the "John Deere" fabric I was about to dismiss it for this project thinking it wouldn't go with the rest but I then had after thoughts and decided to keep it in. I used the "John Deere" fabric years ago when I started patchwork to make a glasses case as a present for my dear Dad. We gave him the case to take when he was put to rest so I decided to have that particular piece of fabric in my rainbow quilt as it would be a piece of the rainbow if my life.
Celine

Comments

  1. GREEN is a favorite of mine .... also have made this block mant times and always love the way it turns out xx good work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - both the block and the memories !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful story Celine! You will remember your Dad every time you see this quilt. That adds to the joy of making so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome block, dear.
    A wonderful story about your father. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the block. The john deer fabric and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stories behind the fabrics in a scrap quilt is part of there special charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful block with a beautiful, touching story behind it. Thank you for sharing with us. Ellyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green circle of geese. Thanks for giving the source of the pattern. Someday I will have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty block, lovely story. Might put this on my to do list as well, so fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these circle of geese blocks. I am just going to have to try this block someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway