Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along - 4 more blocks sewn

After 2 months without any progress, I got my WIP out again and started cutting fabric to make more blocks a little while ago. I had set myself the goal of making 10 more blocks by the end of the month but I am not sure whether I will manage. I have cut more than 10 blocks, just need more time to sit down at the sewing machine and assemble them. Anyway, I did managed to finish 4 last night after my babies went to bed.

Block #10 [84] Spool
Another block with squares and HST. I cut 2 sizes of squares in 2 different fabrics.
I then assembled the block like a 9-patch.
I should have squared up my HST unit before I sewn them to my squares but I forgot and the result is not that good so I might have to unpick that block and make it better. I'll see if I get some time/energy to do so. I'll count it as finished for now.


Block #11 [81] Snowball
Same principle as block [84], I cut 2 sizes of squares in 2 different fabrics for the square and HST units
It is finished off as a 9-patch again.

Block #12 [72] RailroadFor this block, I cut 2 long strips for the mini 4-patch units and squares of 2 fabrics for the HST units.
I then assembled the block as a 9-patch.
Although when I selected the fabric I was happy with my fabric selection, I am not very pleased with the final block as I don't think there is enough contrast between the 2 fabrics and the block is very difficult to read. Another one that I might have to re-do with different fabrics.

Block #13 [71] Puss in the Corner
For this block I cut 2 different squares for the HST units, one big square for the middle and 4 rectangles for the side.
Again once the HST units were sewn together, I assembled the block as a 9-patch.
Here is my progress for now - 13 blocks (far from the 2 a week from the quilt-along really), I still have more blocks cut so hopefully I'll manage to put a few more together before Thursday when my Mum is coming for an extended week-end.
Celine

Comments

  1. These are all gorgeous Celine! If it makes you feel better I have only managed 10 blocks! Like you I prefer to have a spurt and make a few at a time. I've had other projects to finish which I have done so you have inspired another spurt soon I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blocks, Celine. I agree with you about the Railroad block, definitely needs more contrast. I haven't made any blocks this week, but I have been joining a few together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway