Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along - a start!

It is already week 9 of the  Farmer's Wife quilt-along and although I joined in June, I hadn't made much progress to date.
I received the book as a Christmas present from DH a couple of years back but had never made a block until now. When the quilt-along was announced I thought it would be a good opportunity to join in and finally make this quilt. I have set myself the goal of making the quilt as a birthday present for my Mum's 60th birthday next June. She is a Farmer's Wife and Daughter so this is appropriate. A few month back I bought some Kaffe Fassett FQs without much idea of what to use them for so this will now be my scheme for this quilt. It was my first purchase of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. So my quilt should be a "old quilt with a modern twist" which will suit my Mum very well, she is young at heart and enjoying her second youth.
The book comes with a CD with all the templates so I had a good look at all the blocks to decide which ones to start with. I have redrafted some of the blocks as I didn't want to cut some triangles or odd shape pieces if I didn't need to. I will show you soon my first few blocks but I first need to transfer the pictures from my camera to the computer and that will be for another day.
Good night!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5