More pictures of my last few projects

First there was the Maisy book for baby daughter for Christmas. I think she would have preferred a paper one that she could have eaten (she LOVES eating paper...). I have another panel left to make another book for a friend's baby. I think I might make it as a concertina book this time.
Front cover:

Inside:
Back cover:

Then I did the lovely "Santa Stop Here" hexies panel that Vicki designed for the Among the Gum Tree blog. I started stitching it a few days before Christmas when we could finally sit down in our flat in the Alps and not have to worry about travelling etc but I didn't manage to finish stitching on time for Christmas. Big boy got worried and said to me: " If you don't finish it in time for Christmas, will Santa still stop?" Santa did indeed stop by, he came down the mountains on his skis and gave us lots of chocolates before and during the lovely fireworks display. After a Christmas concert and some mulled wine, he came knocking at our door on the 24th December around 8pm to hand deliver all the presents he had for us. Baby daughter didn't really realised what was happening but Big Boy was really happy to see Santa in person and to get presents. While I was stitching my panel, he had asked to do some stitching as well (he is 3.5 years old) to give to Santa so I gave him a few pieces of wadding that he saw together with some red, green and golden threads. When Santa came, he gave him his present and Santa asked him if he had sewn it himself, he was proud to say yes.
I could have left the project in the UFO box until next year once Christmas was over but I decided to stick with it and I was really pleased to finish it on 27 December (not that long after Christmas really!)

On the way to my parents in law, I finished sewing the binding on the table runner I made for them so I could give my present when we got there!

The front:
and the back (I really thought that fabric was ideal for the backing when I found it. It is flannel so I think it shouldn't move much on the wooden table):

I then started to work onto 2 Shabby Roses blocks: PEACE and SMILE. I have also prepared 2 more since we got home; TRUST and BELIEVE. Here is a peak at where I have got to on those.


OK I must go, hubby is waiting for me to try the new board game Santa brought him. See you later!
Celine

Comments

  1. I love fabric books...and one with a Maisy theme...who could resist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...