Bits and pieces

Busy week-end when I managed to do little bits and pieces. I had planned to participate to the WBHQ challenge so I finally made one rosette this week-end that will be on its way to Australia tomorrow.


Yesterday I went to the Fabric Guild in Leicester to buy the lovely Maisy panel.
I bought two and am planning to make baby books with them. One for baby daughter and one as a present for a friend's little boy. I bought more fabric that just the panel of course but didn't go to mad. I found a lovely flannel with cats for the backing of one of my table runner and some dots fabrics (similar to the one I bought for baby booties and the pot luck hexies) in lilac and soft green. And I got the new Clover Mini-Iron II - that I haven't managed to try yet - for free! :-))) I had collected enough vouchers to get the iron. We then went shopping to a few places but it was already Christmas madness everywhere, not nice. :-((

Today we have been busy starting to write a letter to Santa. We will finish tomorrow as there is so much on the list, it was becoming quite difficult to concentrate for long enough. Little boy has cut out most of the Playmobil and Lego catalogues to stick on his letter and he has also found some Roary and Bob the Builder and, and and etc that he would like.... Santa will be busy until Christmas and poor after Christmas this year :-))

I have also manage to screen print some fabric that I am planning to use as the centre of my siggies. I bought the screen and paints from Thermofax Screens last year after I discovered Claire's company at the Knitting and Stitching show in Birmingham. I used them for the first time to make baby announcement card for baby daughter earlier this year. I had printed some green hands then because we didn't know whether it was going to be pink or blue.
This time I have printed a mixture of pink and blue but not *baby* colours. Here is a peek as my baby hands:

I will let it dry until tomorrow before heat setting my little hands and shall try to prepare my first few siggies this week at long last.

A little while ago I had bought some initials for my babies and some decopatch paper and glue. I have tried my hand at it today. The result is lovely if I can say so myself! It is easy to use and very effective I think. I shall look for more paper next time I go shopping to a craft shop. You can see from the picture that today was a lovely day, so wet :-(



I thought I would get started on this month BQL challenge this week-end but all I managed to do this week-end for that was printing the instructions. I better have a serious look at it this week as it is due next Monday...

Anyway time to go to bed now as I've got to work tomorrow.
Good night!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!