Chatting and having fun but not much done!

My friend came over from France with her 6-month old son, spending the last 2 days with me. We had fun catching up, chatting and doing not much with 3 children up to 3! Her son is really lovely but so much bigger than my daughter. It is amazing how much difference 2 months can make at his age! Charlotte is actually 4 month today!

Before she came, I had managed to finish the top of my little quilt for the June's challenge from the BQL list. Just need quilting and finishing off. Just for you now, here is the picture of this work in progress:


This month on the blocklotto, we are choosing our blocks (traditionnal) but they have to be made with 30s fabrics and WOW as a background. I have choosen which blocks I will make now: 3 shoo-flys which were one of the monthly block a couple of months ago, 3 churn dash and 3 friendship stars. Patterns will be adapted from the quilterscache website from Marcia Hohn's free patterns. This is a great resource for quilters with thousands of block pattern available. I have also selected and started to cut my fabric for the blocks. I had some left-over 30s fabrics from a Spring Fling swap I did on the Dear Jane list a couple of years ago. Have a peak at my fabric selection:


I also baked some yummy Danish Pastries before my friend arrived so we could have a nice afternoon tea after her trek from Paris and our stroll from the station... in the rain. But I forgot to take a picture and there are all gone now so sorry, I won't be able to make your mouth water this time!

Finally I have made the jump and joined the Great Hexagon Quilt Along - too (GHQA2) today. I will have no excuse now not to start playing with these lovely little shapes that I have been wanting to experiment with for a while now. Sew much to do, sew little time!

That's it for now!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!